Monday, November 06, 2006

Mimi Dip

Okay...holidays are coming, parties are coming, events where we will be asked to bring something, anything. Well, THIS recipe is a crowd pleaser. I have NEVER brought home leftovers when I've made it. NEVER. It is named "Mimi Dip" because it is a recipe from a friend of mine's mother, Mimi. I'm so glad I got the recipe from her. She now is in the end stages of Alzheimer's. This recipe will always be her heart and soul to me. I love you Mimi D.


Mimi Dip

3 8z blocks cream cheese
1 16 oz jar salsa (choose heat level)
2 cups shredded monterey jack cheese
1 cup diced tomatoes
1/2 cup diced scallions
1/2 cup diced black olives
1/2 cup diced green (or red) pepper

Open cream cheese and place in a large mixing bowl. Allow cream cheese to soften, pour in salsa. Mix with electric mixer until VERY smooth (it takes a while!).

In a 13 X 9" pan spread the mixture on the bottom very evenly (now would be a good time to pull out a cup for your self, before you layer it out!!! LOL. you seriously will NOT have left overs!!!).

Sprinkle cheese over top. Then tomatoes, peppers, scallions, and olives. Place in fridge and allow to firm up for about 2 hours.

Serve with tortilla chips or sliced vegetables.

The other way to do it is to mix the "topping" ingredients into the mixture. Chill until very firm, with cooking spray covered hands, roll into a ball and coat the outside is chopped walnuts, or taco seasoning (see recipe in one of my earlier blog posts!!!), or more cheese. And make a cheese ball or cheese log out of it.

I hope that this dip becomes a family favorite!

2 Comments:

At 2:30 PM , Blogger KFarmer said...

I've had something like this over at my sister's house one night- very tasty! Now I have the recipe :)

 
At 3:31 AM , Blogger chenmeinv0 said...

hogan
adidas trainers
fivefingers
north face
nike free
jordan
oakley sunglasses
mac cosmetics
oakley sunglasses cheap
coach purse
2018.1.19xukaimin

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home