Saturday, October 21, 2006

Saturday Morning Pancakes

Every Saturday morning, we make pancakes, eggs and sausage for breakfast. We got into this ritual after babysitting a friend of ours kids overnight (they were older - like 10 and 13). I always loved when they would come stay because our kids loved them so much. I would always do special stuff like bake cookies, do crafts, rent movies, play games and, of course, make pancakes the next morning. I kind of loved having them around to spoil. They live in Phoenix, and now we're back in PA and miss them! BUT the Saturday Morning Pancake tradition continues. It has been varied slightly as I used to make regular pancakes, but, being more health conscious now, we make Whole Wheat Pancakes. Either way you make them, they are delicious!


Saturday Morning Pancakes

1 cup Whole Wheat Flour
1 Tbs. sugar
2 Tsp. baking powder (NOT baking soda!!!)
pinch of salt

1 egg
1 Cup milk
2 Tbs. oil

Sift together dry ingredients. Mix in the wet ingredients until combined - but do not overmix!

Put on hot pan or griddle...cook until bubbles come to the surface, flip and let rise and cook the rest of the way.

Serve, of course, with syrup.

MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM

4 Comments:

At 6:51 AM , Blogger KFarmer said...

Can you use substitute the wheat with the same amount of regular flour? I would like to try and make my own pancakes instead of the Bisquick that I always use- I know, I know, but I've been doing it for years .. .. .. it's so easy. ;)

 
At 7:51 AM , Blogger kbabe1968 said...

That's what I did. This recipe used to call for 1 cup all purpose flour. These are a little denser. BUT if you wanted to us AP flour, it would be light fluffy pancakes like you get at the restaurants without that "bisquick" taste.

 
At 4:37 AM , Blogger KFarmer said...

Thanks! All the family were screaming for PANCAKES this week-end and I had not a clue... I'm ready for them now
(: hee hee hee :)

 
At 1:52 PM , Blogger Adopted Son said...

And bacon. And Grits. Mmmmm.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home