Monday, November 27, 2006

HOLIDAY GIFT - Forget Me Not Tea

Okay, Thanksgiving is over. The last of the leftovers are in the oven as Turkey Tettrazzini redeaux, the boxes and bangles of Christmas decorating over the weekend are strewn from one end of my house to the other, and I am just not done! I need to clean it all up and make this house my own personal holiday showplace. I'm a little misty as it is our first year in this new house in PA and missing my Phoenix Christmas ideas. I had gotten to where I knew where all my items went and were the most festive. It's new learning this year. The tree is up. My eldest and my husband did a spectacular job of putting it together and decorating it - a true tradition in our home. It looks breathtaking, and it feels like Christmas.

I make no apologies for celebrating CHRISTmas. And am happy to do so! God bless you and what you celebrate in your home this holiday season.

Okay, so this little tea, I gave away last year to a few friends. When I saw the recipe in a book, it sounded yummy and looked so beautiful the way they presented it. Forget-me-nots are a beautiful little purplish blue flower, sweet, delicate and light, just like this tea. I gave away just the tea, but paired with a set of tea cups decorated with forget-me-nots and a tea towel, maybe some candies. It could be a special gift.

Forget-Me-Not Tea

1 jar (15 oz) instant orange breakfast beverage (such as Tang)
1 cup granulated sugar
1 cup unsweetened tea mix
1/2 cup presweetened lemonade mix
1 package unsweetened cherry drink mix (like Kool-Aid)
2 tsp ground cinnamon
1 tsp ground nutmeg

In a large bowl, combine all ingredients and mix well. Store in an airtight container. Give with serving instructions.

To serve, stir 2 heaping tablespoons tea mix into 8 oz hot or cold water.

Yields about 4 cups of the mix.

I put in the half pint mason jars with pretty lids and used fabric scraps to cover the lid. I printed the instructions neatly on an unprinted business card and folded in half...punched a hole and tied it around the lid/fabric with ribbon.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home