Monday, November 13, 2006

Double Layer Pumpkin Pie

Thanksgiving is just around the corner. I have much to be thankful for this year, as every year. I have three beautiful children, a loving husband, a good home and lots of food! :D I also have the recipe for the best pumpkin pie ever, thanks to Jello. I'm not a huge pumpkin fan...but I LOVE this pie!

1 prepared grahm cracker crust - either your own or the store bought kind
4 oz cream cheese
1 Cup + 1 Tbs. Milk Divided
1 Tbs. sugar
1 tub (8oz ) frozen whipped topping, thawed.
2 (4 serving sized) packages vanilla instant pudding
1 16 oz can pumpkin
1 tsp ground cinnamon
1/2 tsp ground ginger
1/4 tsp ground cloves

1. Mix cream cheese, 1 tbs milk and 1 tbs sugar in a large bowl with wire wisk until very smooth. Gently stir in 1/2 of the whipped topping. Spread on bottom of the crust.

2. Pour 1 cup milk into bowl. Add pudding mixes and beat with wire whisk 1 minute. Stir in pumpkin and spices with wire whisk. Spread over cream cheese layer.

3. Refrigerate 4 hours or until set. Garnish with remaining whipped topping. Store leftovers in the refridgerator (yeah, like there are really going to BE any leftovers!!!).

This is a GREAT recipe to make "diet" friendly. Use sugar free puddings, skim milk and lite or FF whipped cream (they even make sugar free now too).

Looking forward to Turkey Day, hope you are too!!!

2 Comments:

At 5:38 PM , Blogger Randuwa said...

Okay, This is a great blog! I also love to cook. Grew up in a home where both of my parents knew how to make a killer cobbler, for example. Do you entertain variations on a theme?

I love pumpkin pie. I make it in my Pennsylvania Dutch pie crust, and before I add the standard filling from the recipe on the can, I line the bottom of the pie shell with those walnuts candied in maple syrup that you can buy to use as a topping on ice cream. It's a wonderful and not overpowering addition to the classic. The flavor of both walnut and maple syrup only enhance the magnetic power of ginger, cloves, nutmeg and cinnamon. Bon Appetit!

 
At 8:48 AM , Blogger kbabe1968 said...

Wow...that pumpkin pie sounds spectacular! :D

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home