Tuesday, September 26, 2006

Tandy Cake

Dessert anyone? A little over a year ago, an "online" group I'm involved in got together and we created a recipe book with all of our favorite recipes. One of the ladies (Mary) submitted this recipe. At the time, I was living in Phoenix and thoroughly missing a true Tasty Kake Peanutbutter Tandy Cake. Well, let me tell you, this cake QUICKLY became a favorite. It is EXACTLY like a PB Tandy Cake. EXACTLY. I hope you enjoy!!!


Tandy Cake

4 eggs
1 tsp vanilla
1 pinch salt
2 cups sugar
2 cups flour
1 cup milk
1 tsp baking powder
2 tbs. melted butter
1 jar creamy peanut butter
2 8 oz milk chocolate bars


Mix eggs thru butter together well. Pour into a greased jellyroll pan (the BIG one...) Bake for 20-30 minutes (check often after 20 mins...ovens may vary - u all know the toothpick trick!).

While cake is still warm - spread the peanut butter on top in about 1/4" layer (you may not end up using the whole jar of PB AND if using natural PB...drain off the oil before stirring and putting ontop of the cake).

Let cake cool COMPLETELY.

Break up chocolate into a microwave safe bowl. Microwave on high in 30 second intervals until completely melted. Stirring at each break. Pour and spread over cooled cake.

Refridgerate until chocolate sets.

Slice and serve! 24 slices!!!! Feeds an army - although.....it halves and quarters easily to make a more manageable sized cake for a family. I usually 1/4 it and bake in a pie plate. See, you do need math in real life!!!

It is TRULY YUMMY!!! I GUARANTEE if you like Peanut Butter, and you like chocolate, you with LOVE this cake!!!

7 Comments:

At 4:30 AM , Blogger Anne Coleman said...

You have NO shame! Do you know how bad this is for a person?

And, I beg to differ....24 slices? Ha. You mean one big slice-right? :O)

 
At 7:38 AM , Blogger KFarmer said...

I'm with Anne, one BIG slice! That cake would last about 3 minutes in my house with all the peanut butter/chocolate lovers- a definate must cook. In fact, I liked all the recipes you posted and plan on making the seasoning this week-end.

I also enjoyed your recipe from Anne's and will give it a whirl. If you don't mind, I would like to add you to my list of daily reads.

Happy Cooking and welcome to Bloggy Land :)

 
At 2:06 PM , Blogger kbabe1968 said...

WOW Kfarmer! Thanks!!! :D I would love to be added to someone's daily read! :D I'm flattered.

YES...one BIG slice on that cake! It's so yummy, it doesn't last long. I make it when I'm not in the mood for sharing with hubby (he can't eat PB ). Of course, I end up having to share it with the kids!

:) Thanks!!!

 
At 2:07 PM , Blogger kbabe1968 said...

Okay....Anne...it is sort of, well, ya know. It's not HORRIBLE if you slice in 24 slices - which in the jelly roll pan, they do end up being 2 X 2 squares about. So it is a good sized slice. BUT....mmmmmmmm....

 
At 4:52 AM , Blogger KFarmer said...

Thanks and you are blog rolled! :)

 
At 7:01 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

After getting more than 10000 visitors/day to my website I thought your in-the-kitchen-with-krista.blogspot.com website also need unstoppable flow of traffic...

Use this BRAND NEW software and get all the traffic for your website you will ever need ...

= = > > http://get-massive-autopilot-traffic.com

In testing phase it generated 867,981 visitors and $540,340.

Then another $86,299.13 in 90 days to be exact. That's $958.88 a
day!!

And all it took was 10 minutes to set up and run.

But how does it work??

You just configure the system, click the mouse button a few
times, activate the software, copy and paste a few links and
you're done!!

Click the link BELOW as you're about to witness a software that
could be a MAJOR turning point to your success.

= = > > http://get-massive-autopilot-traffic.com

 
At 8:05 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi my family member! I wish to say that this article is amazing, nice written and
come with approximately all important infos.
I would like to peer more posts like this .

Look at my weblog - internal hemorrhoids treatment

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home