Thursday, October 05, 2006

Honey Lemon Vinegrette

As I cleaned out my frige this morning, I came across my favorite salad dressing. I am not sure if this is my SIL's recipe or the recipe from the Hoxsey Clinic in Mexico. My FIL recently went to be with the Lord after a year long battle with pancreatic cancer. One of the treatments was thru the clinic and they put him on a special diet. This dressing is fabulous and I will forever think of him when I make it.

1/4 cup Honey
1/4 cup freshly squeezed Lemon Juice
1/4 cup olive oil
1 clove garlic, minced
salt & pepper to taste

Combine all ingredients in a glass jar. Shake to combine and serve over your favorite salad.

NOW...for my favorite Green Salad...to go with this awesome dressing...


1 Head Romaine Lettuce, sliced VERY thin
1 large carrot, cut in long julienne strips (I have a julienner which creates the large curly strips!)
3 scallions, thinly sliced
8 grape tomatoes, quarterd lengthwise

Combine all the salad ingredients in a bowl. Pour about 4 Tbs. of dressing over and toss well. Use more dressing if neccesary.

Happy Eating!

1 Comments:

At 2:00 PM , Blogger Adopted Son said...

Thanks, dad.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home