Friday, September 22, 2006

Mushroom Chicken Mozzarella

Well, I went to the local butcher today and picked up 18 lbs of ground chicken AND two 15 lb packages of boneless, skiness chicken breast. This place is great (if you live near Lansdale, it's $1.89 a lb for over 10 lb packs!). Of course, I spent two hours breaking it down and trimming off the fat, etc. Well, it's all done. And it's in my freezer.

Having so much chicken there reminded me of one of my favorites that I haven't made in a while. Hopefully, I'll make this one soon!

Mushroom Chicken Mozzarella

4 4-6 oz boneless/skinless chicken breasts
1 10 oz package of white mushrooms, brushed and sliced thin
1 28 oz jar of marinara sauce (meatless)
2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
8 oz angel hair pasta, prepared according to box directions

Preheat oven to 350.

In a large baking dish, lay out the the chicken breasts. Salt & pepper them. Lay mushrooms over top the breasts and pour the marinara sauce overtop all of it.

Bake for 30 minutes, uncovered. Remove after 30 minutes and put the mozzarella cheese on top of the chicken breasts. Bake another 15 minutes until cheese is melted and chicken is cooked thru.

Serve over Pasta.

ENJOY!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home